SACCSS Code of Behaviour - Spectators
Member schools and individuals, representing member schools are required to comply with the Code of Behaviour and Responsibilities during any activity sanctioned by SACCSS.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
- Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealing with others.
- Be responsible for your actions.
- Refrain from any behaviour that may bring SACCSS or a member school into disrepute.
- Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured.
- Be a positive role model.
Anti-Racism Code for Players and Player Support Personnel
- SACCSS does not tolerate engaging in any conduct (whether through the use of language, gestures, actions or otherwise) which is likely to offend, insult, humiliate, intimidate, threaten, disparage or vilify any reasonable person in the position of a Player, Player Support Personnel, or any other person (including spectators) on the basis of their race, religion, culture, colour, descent, national or ethnic origin.
*(adapted from Cricket Australia Player Handbook Anti-Racism Code)
Note: Any person who has reason to believe that an offense has been made under this Anti-Racism Code is asked to record all details of such incidents via a SACCSS Incidents Report and send a copy to the Executive Officers via their Sports Coordinator within 24 hrs of the incident. The Executive Officers will seek the support of SACCSS Executive when dealing with matters of this nature.
SACCSS acknowledges its role in having its players and officials being able to perform to their full potential in a hostile free environment.
SACCSS expectations of Spectators
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all individuals whilst a spectator at SACCSS sports events, including refraining from any discriminatory practices based on race, religion, ethnic background, gender, or special ability/disability.
- Refrain from having any influence on a SACCSS sports events whilst acting as a spectator in a capacity that may affect the result or disrupt the course of the match.
- Allow an individual of which is either player or official to participate in a SACCSS sports events without being physically threatened or victimized.
- Respect the decisions of Match Officials providing a positive influence for others.
- Not use violence in any form, whether it is against other spectators, officials or players.
- Comply with any terms of entry into a SACCSS sports event, including bag inspections, prohibited and restricted items such as alcohol, dangerous articles and items that have the potential to cause injury or public nuisance.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that enhances the values of SACCSS
Any person who does not comply with this Spectator Code of Conduct may be evicted from a venue.