One Day Tournament
VOLLEYBALL- SACCSS SENIOR SPORTS DAY
Convenor: Marymede Catholic College
Venue: Eagle Stadium Werribee
CONDITIONS OF PLAY:
The Competition shall be conducted under the rules specified by Volleyball Victoria except where amended below.
- Games last for 16 minutes with a 4-minute change over between games, (game length may alter depending upon draw).
- SACCSS Net Height Boys 2.35m/ Girls 2.25m
- Teams are to consist of a maximum 10 players only for the day, with 6 in rotation at any one time. Teams must field a minimum of 5 players for a game to commence.
- When time is called, the ball is immediately dead, (no points awarded unless point was completed).
- Points can be won by either side regardless of who served.
- Any body part can be used to hit the ball.
- Scoring is continuous i.e. No sets.
- Rules governing the serve:
- If the ball hits the net on the serve and continues into the opposition’s court it is considered ‘play on’.
- Where there is a draw, there will be a further 5 points played in overtime.
- Substitutions are allowed on a rotational basis from the front right.
OR 4 substitutions maybe taken per game and each must be acknowledged by the umpire.
- Finals will be decided on ladder position and percentage if necessary.
- When a ball passes into a court from another game, the umpire will decide to replay the point if he/she believes it has affected play.
- Players and staff not involved in games must stay within the Volleyball area.
- All disputes will be directed to the tournament organizer.
- Draws to be finalised upon confirmation of teams involved, (closing date one week prior to event)
- There are NO time outs in Round Robin games. 1 time out per team is allowed for 30 seconds in SEMI AND GRAND FINALS and CANNOT be called in the last 3 minutes.
- The Divisions for the 2021 competition are as below. Each year the bottom placed Division 1 school will be relegated and the Division 2 champion will be promoted.
|Boys Div. 1||Boys Div. 2||Girls Div. 1||Girls Div.2|
CRC SydenhamCaroline Chisholm
In the event of a serious injury in Senior Volleyball, where a player cannot be moved from the court until assessed and deemed medically safe to move, the following shall occur.
– The match will be abandoned and a draw recorded for this match within the fixture. This game will not be replayed at any stage in the day.
In the event of the score being a DRAW in a FINAL when Injury Time is called, it is recommended that the game be moved to another court to play out the remaining sets for an outcome to the match.
If this relocation can not happen, then the game should be replayed at another time, as negotiated by both teams and the SACCSS EO